My Sunday political comments . . .
- Tax reform
- I remain optimistic that some level of tax reform will take place by the end of the year and that it will be retroactive, i.e. apply to all of 2017.
- Corporate tax reform in the form of ending our antiquated worldwide tax system in favor of a territorial tax system, accompanied by a 12% interim rate for bring home corporate profits will create an economic boom compared to the last 8 years.
- Oh, and keep in mind, that political division is fed by a stagnant economy and eased by economic growth. #TaxReformNow.
- It is laughable to hear the Democrats in Washington concerned about whether the tax package will increase the deficit. When Obama doubled the national debt, I don’t remember them expressing such concern.
- Bank on tax revenues out pacing any government related estimates as a result of an expanding economy and a second round of tax reform if the corporate reform above goes through.
- The Senator Menendez Trial
- Did you hear much about it? Probably not – he is a Democrat after all.
- The allegations of corruption are real and any republican would have been run out of Washington by now.
- On CNN, despite knowing the truth, Democrat Sen. Dick Durbin said he he looks forward to the day when Menendez returns to the Senate.
- Interestingly, the Republicans don’t seem to pushing the story either.
- Trump Abroad
- It has been more a goodwill tour than a trip to sign accords.
- Few headlines have come out of the trip – in other words, it has gone well and the press has not had any serious angle to attack the President.
344total visits,1visits today